Sunday 8 September 2013

Keratin Smooth

 
I, like most girls, struggly with unruly, frizzy hair, that lies somewhere between ridiculously curly and just a wavy mess. This means heat treatment such a hair drying and straightening is a must. BUT, my hair still doesn't seem to get the message-10 minutes outside in the great british weather and I'm back to square one. I wanted to try something that would make my hair more managable, yet still provide protection from all the styling; and these products offered that.

I actually picked these two products (the heat protection and deep treatment masque) up at Superdrug, as they were on half price offer for around £2.78 each and I just couldn't resit. I now use the heat spray daily and the masque treament once a week.

Keratin is a key material in skin, nails and the hair; and this structural protein is extremly tough due to it ability to assemble into strong filaments. The condition my hair was in after all the straightening-it needed something tough!!

I use the Keratin Smooth heat protection after every hair wash. I've read that the spray wasn't very controlled and ended up 'everywhere', but I didnt find this to be a problem. Then again that kind of thing has never bothered me- I just throw my head down and get spraying! I can't say I've seen a HUGE difference to my hair after using this but it is a nice heat spray and my hair does feel slightly smoother and shinier, so I would definatley re-purchase.

The keratin smooth deep treatment masque is the real hero of this buy. My hair was in deep need of some treatment and I REALLY liked this product. As other treatment masques, it just needs to be left on for up to 5 minutes after your normal shampoo and condition routine. After a blow dry and straighten I could instantley see the difference; it had done exactly as it said on the tin! Smoother, less-frizz and much much more managable. I even found as the day went on my hair was much less unruly and seemed to stay straighter for longer. I will definatley continue to use this product weekly to maintain the health of my hair. VERY happy :)

I think the next step for me might be to actually buy the keratin smooth shampoo and conditioner to complete the full set!

No comments:

Post a Comment