Thursday 19 September 2013

MUA Buys: New-In


Late last week I found myself browsing the new-in section of MUA's website. I think the main reason I enjoy doing this is because I don't even have to feel guilty about it afterwards! I made a few purchases including the; Matte 'Peachy Keen' lipstick, Ultimate all-in-one 'Pro-Brow' kit and 'Ever After' Matte eyeshadow palette and It came to a total of around £8.50 :)

Ever-After

This isn't my first MUA eyeshadow palette and it certainly won't be my last! I'm a big fan of neutral eyshadows, so naturally I've worn my 'Undressed' and 'Heaven and Earth' MUA palettes to death on a daily basis! The first thing I liked about this newer palette was the price, £4, and then the fact that, unlike the other palettes, each shade had it's own name. So cute and indearing!

Shades Top-Left to Right; Unwrap, Butter, Bare, Taffeta and Fade.
Shades Bottom-Left to Right; Penny, Chino, Truffle, Fog, Smoke.

Shades such as Butter, Bare and Fade are brilliant base colours. Chino is a shade I'd use as a natural shading colour in the crease of the eyelid for a day-to-day look. With Penny as a shading colour for a darker, nighttime look! I think the amount of very light, neutral shades on the top row makes this palette super appealing to me, and it's a great addition to use alongside the other MUA palettes I own; as they contain many more brown shades that this palette doesn't.

Peachy Keen.

MUA lipsticks are brilliant for trying out new shades; at £1.00 if it isn't for you you've lost nothing! I much prefer matte lipsticks so I thought I'd try this one out. Trying it on this morning I feel it might be a bit more of a summer shade for my personal taste, but it's a lovely shade for day-to-day casual wear no matter the season. When applying this lipstick I also used Maybelline pencil lip liner in 140 'Intense Pink', just to neaten the application. As a VERY pale skinned girl I think this lipstick would be suitable for a range of skin-tones; if i can get away with it anyone can! :) The only downside is if you suffer from the winter chapped-lips horror most girls go through; this lipstick might not be so kind to you in covering it up! Maybe another reason I'll save it for the warmer months :)


Pro-Brow All-In-One Ultimate Brow Kit.

Finally, I popped the new in eyebrow 'all-in-one' kit into my shopping cart; SO glad I did! I normally use Rimmel brow pencil in 002 'Hazel', so this was quite a change for me. The kit includes a tiny tiny tweezers (very useful if you spot a stray hair while on the go), 2 shades to chose from, a final lighter shade to use as a highlighter under the brow and a gel for slick precisioned shape! This kit is very handy to carry around with you as it has everything you need for perfect brows (including a compact mirror)! I found I used the darkest shade, but the lighter shade would be brilliant for beginners or if you prefer a more natural look! I'll still be using my Rimmel pencil alongside this kit but it was a lovely change and very very handy kit, andddd at £3.50 it's an absolute bargainnn!
 
Hope you enjoyed this post :)

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful post...I like your blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete